Funding available for AI and Digital Capability Centres
The Australian Government is offering $44 million to establish AI and Digital Capability Centres, connecting businesses with AI equipment, tools, services, training and expertise.
The Australian Government is offering $44 million in grants to establish 4 Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Capability Centres.
The centres will:
- help Australian businesses improve their AI skills
- connect small and medium enterprises (SMEs) with AI equipment and tools
- increase the adoption of AI technologies
- provide training and guidance on AI technologies
- support the development and commercialisation of AI products and services for domestic and global markets.
Grants of up to $11 million are available to applicants to establish a capability centre. Your project must nominate focus areas in applications of AI that align with the government’s National Manufacturing Priorities or Digital Growth Priorities.
Read more about the grants and eligibility on business.gov.au.
AI and Digital Capability Centres are part of the government’s AI Action Plan. The plan sets out a vision to:
- make Australia a global leader in developing and adopting trusted, secure and responsible AI
- ensure all Australians share the benefits of an AI-enabled economy.
- The Minister announced the grants on 31 March 2022
- Read the government’s AI Action Plan
- See what else we’re doing to support AI in Australia
- The AI Action Plan is part of Australia’s Digital Economy Strategy