The Australian Government is manufacturing a new future for our nation through the Modern Manufacturing Strategy.
The strategy is a key feature of the government’s JobMaker plan to harness Australian manufacturing capability and drive our economic recovery and future resilience. The vision for the strategy is for Australia to be recognised as a high-quality and sustainable manufacturing nation that helps to deliver a strong, modern and resilient economy for all Australians.
Modern Manufacturing Strategy funding
Australian businesses can now apply for funding under the Supply Chain Resilience Initiative.
You can also access program guidelines and information about funding under the Modern Manufacturing Initiative’s Collaboration stream.
Find more funding opportunities for manufacturing projects.
Download the strategy
National Manufacturing Priority road maps
Road maps for the 6 priority areas were developed with industry through taskforces. These set out plans for industry and government to strengthen Australia’s manufacturing capability.
Modern Manufacturing Strategy updates
- Support for Australia’s manufacturing industry
- Modern Manufacturing Initiative and National Manufacturing Priorities
- Supply Chain Resilience Initiative
- Manufacturing Modernisation Fund round two
- The Minister announced the Strategy on 6 October 2020
- The Minister announced initiatives to transform Australian manufacturing on 1 October 2020