Nominations for the 2023 Prime Minister's Prizes for Science will close on Thursday 9 February at 5:00 pm AEDT.
Nominate someone who has made an inspiring contribution to science research, research-based innovation, and science teaching. Nominees can work across a range of disciplines.
We accept nominations from leaders, colleagues, peers and mentors of nominees. Nominators can be from the science, innovation and science teaching communities.
Your nomination is a meaningful way to recognise the nominee’s inspiring work and acknowledge their contribution.
Nominating is simple and easy – there are just 4 stages to it:
- a short summary of your nominee’s achievements with supporting documentation
- contact details for 2 supporters and 2 independent referees where applicable.
- Shortlist: If the nominee is shortlisted, nominators will be invited via email to submit an online application form addressing relevant assessment criteria. This includes sourcing and providing content from 2 supporters.
- Verify: The Prizes’ independent selection committee will verify claims made in the nomination submission.
- Notify: The selected prize recipients and their nominators are notified and recipients are advised of next steps to receive their prize.
Nominations close on Thursday 9 February at 5:00 pm AEDT. For help with nominating, or for more information, contact email@example.com.
Our department greatly appreciates support to raise awareness of nominations for the 2023 Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science. Help promote nominations with the useful promotional toolkits for each prize category at business.gov.au: