Franchising is a major segment of the Australian small business sector. The Fairness in Franchising report identified a range of weaknesses in franchising. We’re addressing these issues by proposing changes to the Franchising Code of Conduct and administrative action.
Our department is now consulting on proposed changes that will:
- introduce new measures to protect franchisees
- improve the information available to franchisees
- lift standards of conduct in the sector.
Your input will help us ensure the success of the sector.
Submissions close on 4 December 2020.
- The Minister announced a plan to support small and family franchising businesses on 21 August 2020
- Read the Government Response to the Fairness in Franchising Report
- Read more about the Franchising Code on the ACCC website
- See how we are supporting the Australian franchising sector