The Australian Government has released our first National Quantum Strategy. The strategy sets a long-term vision for Australia to take advantage of the opportunities that quantum technologies present.
Australia has been at the forefront of quantum science and technology for more than 2 decades. We have world-class research institutions, talented scientists and engineers and a vibrant start-up ecosystem. The strategy outlines how we will seize our quantum future and remain a global leader.
A strategy built on consultation
The National Quantum Strategy is the result of extensive consultation with the quantum sector and wider community, led by Australia’s Chief Scientist Dr Cathy Foley.
We also drew on the expertise of our National Quantum Advisory Committee and contributions from state and territory governments.
Themes of the strategy
The National Quantum Strategy has 5 themes to guide the government’s actions over the next 7 years.
- Thriving research and development, investment in and use of quantum technologies
- Securing access to essential quantum infrastructure and materials
- A skilled and growing quantum workforce
- Standards and frameworks that support national interests
- A trusted, ethical and inclusive quantum ecosystem
Read the National Quantum Strategy to learn how the government will deliver its quantum vision.