Artificial intelligence (AI) is changing the way we live, work and play. Advancements in AI will help Australia become a leading digital economy by 2030, and play an important role in modernising our local manufacturers.
The Australian Government recognises that AI will have enormous social and economic benefits for all Australians.
Our department is now consulting on the development of a whole-of-government AI Action Plan. This will help us maximise the benefits of AI for all Australians and manage the potential challenges.
The plan will help to:
- ensure the development and use of AI in Australia is responsible
- coordinate government policy and national capability under a clear, common vision for AI in Australia
- explore the actions needed for our AI future
Your input will help inform the development of the AI Action Plan.
Submissions close on 27 November 2020.
- Read more about the work we’ve done on artificial intelligence
- See what Australia’s Tech Future said about artificial intelligence
- Read the CSIRO Data61 Artificial Intelligence Roadmap
- Read Australia’s AI Ethics Framework
Connect with us
Subscribe to our AI in Australia updates