ARWA starts recruitment for first CEO
The Australian Radioactive Waste Agency (ARWA) has started a search for its first Chief Executive Officer. ARWA is the new Commonwealth agency overseeing the management of Australia’s radioactive waste.
The CEO will be responsible for:
- overall governance and performance
- project management, policy leadership and the strategic direction of the agency
- the siting, construction and operation of the National Radioactive Waste Management Facility (NRWMF)
The NRWMF will dispose of Australia’s legacy and future low-level radioactive waste, and temporarily store our intermediate-level waste.
The vast majority of Australia’s radioactive waste stream comes from nuclear medicine production. On average, two in three Australians will benefit from nuclear medicine during their lifetime.
ARWA has engaged the recruitment firm Odgers Berndstson to lead the search for suitable candidates for the role.
- The Minister announced the search for ARWA’s CEO on 23 October 2020
- Read more about ARWA’s role and responsibilities
Connect with us
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 13 28 46
- Write to us at: Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources; Australian Radioactive Waste Agency, GPO Box 2013, Canberra ACT 2601