The Australian Government supports offshore oil and gas exploration by encouraging ongoing investment and development. The annual Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release is a key part of our strategy.
Industry has nominated areas for inclusion in the 2020 Acreage Release. We now seek your feedback.
Comment on the Consultation Hub before 11.59pm AEST 29 June 2020.
The consultation process:
- offers an opportunity to comment and providefeedback on the nominated areas
- highlights how exploration activities might affect stakeholders
- informs potential explorers of issues or concerns to consider in their planning
We’ll consider all submissions before endorsing any nominated areas.
- Read about the annual acreage release.
- Minister Pitt announced the opening of the consultation - Public consultation opens on 2020 offshore petroleum acreage