On this page
Business Research and Innovation Initiative
We encourage businesses to develop innovative solutions to government policy and service delivery problems, with a series of ‘challenges’ called the Business Research and Innovation Initiative (BRII).
The BRII includes the following stages:
- We work with Australian government agencies and Innovation and Science Australia to nominate 5 real life government policy and service delivery challenges.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are invited to submit proposals to address the challenges. SMEs with the most innovative ideas are granted up to $100,000 to do a feasibility study over 3 months to test their proposals.
- The most successful ideas are eligible for a further grant of up to $1 million to develop a prototype or proof of concept.
- Read more about BRII on the business.gov.au website
- Watch a BRII information video on the businesss.gov.au YouTube
- An independent evaluation assessed BRII pilot program design, implementation and outcomes
- Email BRII@industry.gov.au
- Phone business.gov.au contact centre on 13 28 46
Last updated: 8 December 2020
Content ID: 26641