The research papers produced by the Office of the Chief Economist deal with topical issues of interest relevant to the department.
Research findings are intended to elicit comments and stimulate debate. The papers also contribute to providing a solid evidence base for the department’s programs.
- International entrepreneurship: evidence on Australian born global firms
- Market power and entrepreneurship change: the case for Australia
- Sharpening the BLADE: missing data imputation using supervised machine learning
- Business Performance of Enterprise Connect participants
- An analysis of NMI’s client base
- Firms that receive multiple DIIS financial assistance
- Impact of Commercialisation Australia on business performance
- The characteristics and performance of 457 migrant visa sponsoring businesses
- Government financial assistance as a catalyst for private financing
- Do manufacturing entrepreneurs in Australia have (or develop) a productivity advantage?
- Trends in the market concentration of Australian industries
- Updates in entrepreneurship dynamics in Australia
- Development of management capability scores
- What drives high-growth? Characteristics of Australian firms
- The impact of persistent innovation on business growth
- Strategic management in Australian firms
- Participation in South Australian Innovation and Investment Funds: impact on firm performance
- The role of spillovers in research and development expenditure in Australian industries
- The impact of labour market regulation on the unemployment rate: evidence from OECD economies
- The performance and characteristics of Australian firms with Employee Share Schemes
- Entrepreneurship dynamics in Australia: lessons from micro-data
- The effect of age on Australian small-to-medium enterprises
- Updating investment estimates for Australia’s organisational capital
- Modelling the relationship between innovation and exporting: evidence from Australian SMEs
- Energy costs and export competitiveness: evidence from Australian industries
- Clean technology, regulation and government intervention: the australian experience
- Business dynamics of a clean energy policy
- Export behaviour and business performance: evidence from Australian microdata
Collaborative research: Global production sharing and Australian manufacturing
- Regional impacts of the accelerated decline of the manufacturing sector in Australia
- Impact of international trade on employment: evidence from Australia’s manufacturing industries
- Australian geography of innovative entrepreneurship
- The employment dynamics of Australian entrepreneurship
- The business size distribution in Australia
- The economics of metrology
- Mechanical boon: will automation advance Australia?
- Financing innovative entrepreneurship
Other research papers
Leading journals and institutions also publish research by our department's staff.
- LNG spot price forecasting and the futures curve, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2019
- Entrepreneurship dynamics in Australia: lessons from micro‐data, Economic Record, 2019
- Firm‐level analysis using the ABS’ Business Longitudinal Analysis Data Environment (BLADE), Australian Economic Review, 2018
- Prices and crisis: LNG and Australia’s east coast gas market, Oxford Institute for Energy Studies, 2018
- The role of spillovers in research and development expenditure in Australian industries, Economics of Innovation and New Technology, 2017
Find more publications from the Office of the Chief Economist.
Connect with us