In September 2019 our department ran Oil Spill Response Exercise 2019, an opportunity to test our response arrangements in the unlikely event of an offshore petroleum oil spill.
We activated our Incident Management Team (IMT) and worked closely with representatives from other Australian Government departments, the Western Australian government and industry participants.
The report evaluates the outcomes of the exercise and includes:
- an overview of the exercise and its objectives
- an assessment of the department’s performance
- recommendations for continued improvement of the department’s offshore petroleum incident response arrangements.
- See our Offshore Petroleum Incident Coordination Framework.
- Read about Exercise Ningaloo Challenge 2017.
- Read more about regulating oil and gas activities in Australian Commonwealth waters.