Australia’s National Resources Workforce Strategy
Australia's National Resources Workforce Strategy provides a forward-looking plan to support the Australian resources sector.
The strategy builds on the government’s significant investments in education reform, skills packages and job support.
The strategy focuses on 3 key themes:
- Opportunity: Supporting and promoting diverse new job opportunities being created in the resources sector, including through the emergence of new sectors and the embrace of new technologies.
- Participation: Increasing Australian participation and representation in the resources sector.
- Quality: Ensuring that education and training systems remain cutting-edge, aligned to industry’s evolving skills needs, and broadly available to all Australians.
The strategy aims to ensure the Australian resources sector and its workforce remains strong, innovative and world-leading.
- A strategy to secure the resources workforce
- Workforce snapshot
- Strategic outcomes
- Pathways for a strong future
- The Minister announced the Australia's National Resources Workforce Strategy on 18 February 2021
- Read the National Resources Statement
- Read the Resources 2030 Taskforce Report
- Read about how we support Australia's resources sector