Australia's Global Resources Strategy promotes the Australian resources sector. It supports Australia to be the most globally attractive and competitive investment destination.
The strategy supports:
- resources and Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) companies to strengthen global competitiveness
- the resources sector to be the most commercially viable investment destination
- Australia to meet the global demand for energy resources and technology minerals
The Australian Government committed $20.1 million in the 2021-22 Budget to:
- identify new markets for our resources commodities and critical minerals
- facilitate opportunities for expanding trade with these markets
The strategy is part of a whole-of-government effort to build resilience to trade shocks and other challenging market conditions.
The strategy will help maximise Australia’s long-term economic opportunities and job creation by expanding the sector’s export opportunities.
- Detailed analysis of current and emerging market opportunities for Australian mineral and resources exports for government and exporting businesses
- Leveraging Australia’s existing Free Trade Agreements and other trading arrangements with new and existing partners in South East Asia and the Indo-Pacific to aid businesses to gain access to these markets
- Working closely with our partners to build strong and stable supply chains which are resilient to global trade challenges
- Support for our critical minerals sector to grow and consolidate Australia as a supplier of choice for of critical elements for the global low-emission technology market
- A strong focus on our world-leading and innovative METS sector including supporting METS businesses to maximise their export potential