Australia's Global Resources Statement
The Global Resources Statement positions the nation’s resources sector as a reliable, responsible and ready for the future investment destination for resources exploration and supply.
The statement is the first milestone achieved under the government’s Global Resources Strategy. The strategy is the whole-of-government framework announced as part of the recent 2021-22 Federal Budget. The government will invest $20.1 million over two years to deliver the Global Resources Strategy.
The Global Resources Statement will:
- encourage other countries to partner and invest in Australia
- improve the global reach of Australia’s economy and boost our international competitiveness
- draw together existing resources and programmes
- access opportunities through international collaboration and support.
The statement builds on the government’s action plan set out in the National Resources Statement. Australia is striving to be the most globally attractive and competitive investment destination for resources projects.
- Global Resources Strategy
- Reliable investment destination and partner
- Responsible practices
- Ready for the future
- The Minister announced the Global Resources Statement on 3 June 2021.
- The Minister announced funding to support Australia’s Global Resources Strategy on 7 May 2021.
- Read the National Resources Statement that sets out the long term vision for the resources sector.
- Read more about how we are supporting the resource sector.