Australia 2030: Prosperity through Innovation
The benefits of innovation are all around us, it’s in the quality of life that Australians enjoy and the meaningful work we undertake. This is why innovation continues to be critical for Australia’s future.
Australia 2030: Prosperity through Innovation plans for the sort of society and economy that all Australians can aspire to by 2030.
The plan makes 30 recommendations that underpin five strategic policy imperatives:
- Education: respond to the changing nature of work by equipping all Australians with skills relevant to 2030
- Industry: ensure Australia’s ongoing prosperity by stimulating high-growth firms and raising productivity
- Government: become a catalyst for innovation and be recognised as a global leader in innovative service delivery
- Research and development (R&D): improve R&D effectiveness by increasing translation and commercialisation of research
- Culture and ambition: enhance the national culture of innovation by launching ambitious National Missions
- Transforming opportunity in Geelong
- Academy Xi and the changing face of education
- Textor Technologies: creating new jobs via innovation
- Cooperative research centre for sheep industry innovation
- Innovation provides opportunities for Australia’s female entrepreneurs and researchers
- Thales Australia: partners with defence science and technology
- Anatomics: from start-up to international success
- Pawsey supercomputer: critical national research infrastructure
- Garvan Institute: genome sequencing, the prospects for genomics and precision medicine
Read the government's response to the 2030 plan.
Innovation and Science Australia (ISA) consulted with stakeholders across the Australian innovation, science and research system throughout 2017 and received 130 public submissions. The consultation and submissions helped inform and shape the plan.
- The Chair of Industry Innovation and Science Australia explained the importance of the 2030 Plan for Australia's innovation future and the vision underpinning the plan.
- Read about the activities and structure of Industry Innovation and Science Australia.
If you are having difficult accessing these documents, please contact us.