APS framework for engagement and participation
This Australian government framework helps public servants better engage with citizens, community and business. Nearly 1,000 people from the APS and the public helped us build this tool. We also drew on content from other governments.
Whether you’re working on policy, programs or service delivery, you will gain practical guidance including:
- engagement principles and standards for the Australian public sector
- 4 ways to engage people: share, consult, deliberate and collaborate
Explore the framework
- Principles for engagement and participation
- Ways to engage
- Engagement standards
- What citizens and stakeholders should be encouraged to do
The framework outlines practical supporting tools, including the:
- We developed this framework as part of our commitment to the first Open Government National Action Plan
- See how we support public engagement and participation
If you experience any difficulty accessing this document, please contact us.