There are 7 release areas in the Otway and Sorell Basin, offshore Victoria and Tasmania.
Release area locations:
- Inner Otway Basin
- Nelson Sub-basin
- Sorell Basin
- View petroleum geology information for the Otway Basin and the Sorell Basin from Geoscience Australia
- For wells and survey information search the interactive NOPIMS database
Maps and shapefiles
Maps show the release areas in bathymetric detail. They also include other permit locations, known petroleum accumulations and wells. Shapefiles show the areas in vector format for geographic information system (GIS) software.
View high resolution release area maps:
- Nelson Sub-basin release area map [3.23MB PNG]
- Inner Otway Basin release area map [2.20MB PNG]
- Sorell Basin release area map [4.17MB PNG]
Block diagrams show the coordinates of release area boundaries.
View block diagrams:
- Nelson Sub-basin and Inner Otway Basin block diagram [413KB JPEG]
- Nelson Sub-basin and Sorell Basin block diagram [432KB JPEG]
Block listings provide graticular block numbers and 1:1,000,000 map sheet references that identify each release area.
The following areas overlap with marine parks and international jurisdictions.
- The Zeehan Multiple Use Zone (IUCN VI) overlaps with release area T21-1.
- The Zeehan Special Purpose Zone (IUCN VI) overlaps with release areas T21-1, T21-2, T21-3 and T21-4.
How to bid
Work-program bidding closes on Thursday 3 March 2022.
Find out how to file your application.
Foreign investors need to submit evidence of a Foreign Investment Review Board decision with their application.
About these files
If you experience any difficulty accessing this information, please email email@example.com.