Office of the Chief Economist
Led by our Chief Economist, Russell Campbell, we provide objective, robust and high quality analysis to inform policy development across:
- the resources sector
Data: resources to inform data driven policy
- Industry Monitor: interactive tool with a consolidated source of high-level data and economic indicators
- Business Longitudinal Analysis Data Environment (BLADE): statistical resource that contains information on Australian businesses
- Management Capability Survey: provides insights into Australian management practices
- Data integration and analysis: making better use of the government’s data assets
- Data Strategy: outlines the department’s approach to data and analytics
Analysis: publications to inform policy development
- Resources and Energy Quarterly: forecasts for the value, volume and price of Australia’s major resources and energy commodity exports
- Industry Insights: analysis of major economic factors affecting Australia’s industries, regions and economy
- Australian Innovation System Monitor: updates on Australia’s innovation performance
- Program Analytics Tool: provides insights on businesses participating in the department’s programs
- Evaluation Strategy: outlines the department’s approach to performance management reporting
- Evaluation Reports: evaluating, reviewing and monitoring the performance of the department’s programs
- Staff Research Papers: providing a solid evidence base for the department’s programs
Many of our publications have downloadable data files.
Search our data and publications.
Access historical economic analysis.
Connect with us
Search all of the Office of the Chief Economist publications.
Last updated: 23 November 2020
Content ID: 12811