On this page
Australian SKA Coordination Committee
The Australian SKA Coordination Committee (ASCC) supports the global SKA project.
Roles and responsibilities
Committee responsibilities include:
- maintaining governance arrangements between project partners
- ensuring the readiness of the Australian SKA site
- contributing to project design and implementation
- providing policy frameworks.
ASCC membership reflects Australia’s SKA project partners and the scientific community.
- Mrs Janean Richards (Chair, representing the Australian Government), Head of Science and Commercialisation Policy Division
- Professor Peter Quinn (Deputy Chair, representing the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research), Executive Director, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR)
- Mrs Linda Dawson (representing the Government of Western Australia), Deputy Director General, Office of Science, Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation
- Dr Douglas Bock (representing the CSIRO), Director, CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
- Dr Phil Edwards (ASCC Science Advisory Committee Chair), CSIRO SKA Project Scientist, CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
- Professor Naomi McClure-Griffiths (Australian member of the Science and Engineering Advisory Committee), ACR Future Fellow, Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Australian National University
- Mr Trevor Danos AM (Expert member)
- Mr Mark McAuley (Expert member), Chief Executive Officer, Astronomy Australia Limited
- Professor Steven Tingay (Independent member), Deputy Executive Director, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR)
Science Advisory Committee
The ASCC Science Advisory Committee supports the ASCC and provides scientific advice and support.
- The Australian SKA Office (ASKAO) coordinates the government’s national and international involvement in the project
- The global SKA Observatory (SKAO), based in the United Kingdom, oversees the project design, construction and operation
- Read SKA project news
Email ska [at] industry.gov.au
Connect with us
- Square Kilometre Array Project
Last updated: 19 July 2021
Content ID: 46066