Ms Dawson is a senior executive with more than 25 years of experience working in large Australian and multinational organisations across the resources and utilities sectors.
Over Ms Dawson’s career, she has led corporate services, community development, human resources, health safety and environment, corporate affairs and operational functions.
Ms Dawson works for the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation in the Western Australian Government, as Deputy Director General of Industry, Science and Innovation.
She has a strong belief in equality and respect for all in society. This includes learning from our First Nations people, empowering women and giving back to the community. She has been a chair of the Minerals Council of Australia (MCA) Indigenous Community of Practice, mentor with Women in Mining WA (WIMWA) and a past chair of the Chamber of Minerals and Energy of Western Australia (CMEWA) Pilbara Regional Council.
Ms Dawson’s roles include:
- a board member of Workpower
- the vice chairperson of Midland Women’s Health Care Place
- a member of the Sir Charles Gardiner and Osborne Park Hospital Human Research Ethics Committee
- member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- certified professional of the Australian Human Resource Institute
- fellow of the Australian Institute of Management.
She holds a Masters of Education and Bachelor of Physical Education from the University of Western Australia.