On this page
ASCC Science Advisory Committee
The Australian SKA Coordination Committee (ASCC) Science Advisory Committee (SAC) supports the delivery of the SKA project.
Roles and responsibilities
- provides scientific advice to the ASCC
- provides advice that supports the delivery and protection of the Australian SKA site
- contributes to the project’s design and implementation.
The SAC meets at least 3 times each year.
The SAC members have diverse radio astronomy and science backgrounds.
- Dr Phil Edwards (Chair), Head of Science Operations, CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
- Professor Elaine Sadler FAA, ATNF Chief Scientist, CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
- Professor Naomi McClure-Griffiths, Professor of Astronomy, The Australian National University
- Dr Cathryn Trott, Associate Professor of Radio Astronomy, Curtin University
- Professor Lister Staveley-Smith, Science Director, International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research, The University of Western Australia
- Dr Douglas Bock, Director, CSIRO Astronomy and Space Science
- Dr Stuart Ryder, Adjunct Fellow, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Macquarie University
- The Australian SKA Office (ASKAO) coordinates the government’s national and international involvement in the project
- The global SKA Observatory (SKAO), based in the United Kingdom, oversees the project design, construction and operation
- Read SKA project news
Connect with us
- Square Kilometre Array Project
Last updated: 19 July 2021
Content ID: 46071