We encourage you to share content and post comments on the social media channels we manage.
This page outlines what we expect from you when using these channels and how we moderate comments.
Using social media
By using our social media channels, we expect that you:
- represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- are civil and respectful of others and their opinions
- do not be abusive, harass or threaten others
- do not use insulting, provocative hateful, obscene or offensive language
- do not incite hatred on the basis of any personal characteristic including:
- marital or domestic status
- do not post defamatory comments
- do not make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations
- do not post material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not post misinformation or misleading information
- do not promote commercial interests
- do not post overtly party political comments
- do not post internet addresses or links to websites (verified Australian and state and territory .gov.au websites are permitted)
- do not identify matters that are currently the subject of legal proceedings or would break a court’s non-publication order
- behave in line with relevant laws.
How we manage and moderate content
- ignore, hide or delete comments
- block users.
But please contact us if we’ve made a mistake and we’ll deal with it as quickly as we can.
Our social media channels are external sites run by third-party providers with their own binding terms and conditions. Make sure you are familiar with the policies of the channels when you use them.
For posts and displays on our channels, we are not responsible for:
- the views of others
- links to other websites or social media platforms.
The views contained in comments on our channels are the author’s responsibility and should not be taken to represent the views of the department. We do not warrant that the information in these comments is accurate, reliable, current or complete. We disclaim liability, to the extent permitted by law, for any liability, loss, damage or cost arising from relying on any information in these comments.