Australia's Global Resources Strategy promotes the Australian resources sector. It supports Australia to be the most globally attractive and competitive investment destination.
This strategy was published under the previous Australian Government.
The strategy supports:
- resources and Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) companies to strengthen global competitiveness
- the resources sector to be the most commercially viable investment destination
- Australia to meet the global demand for energy resources and technology minerals
The Australian Government committed $20.1 million in the 2021-22 Budget to:
- identify new markets for our resources commodities and critical minerals
- facilitate opportunities for expanding trade with these markets
The strategy is part of a whole-of-government effort to build resilience to trade shocks and other challenging market conditions.
The strategy will help maximise Australia’s long-term economic opportunities and job creation by expanding the sector’s export opportunities.
- Detailed analysis of current and emerging market opportunities for Australian mineral and resources exports for government and exporting businesses
- Leveraging Australia’s existing Free Trade Agreements and other trading arrangements with new and existing partners in South East Asia and the Indo-Pacific to aid businesses to gain access to these markets
- Working closely with our partners to build strong and stable supply chains which are resilient to global trade challenges
- Support for our critical minerals sector to grow and consolidate Australia as a supplier of choice for of critical elements for the global low-emission technology market
- A strong focus on our world-leading and innovative METS sector including supporting METS businesses to maximise their export potential