Australia 2030: Prosperity through Innovation plans for the sort of society and economy that all Australians can aspire to by 2030.
The plan makes 30 recommendations that underpin five strategic policy imperatives:
- Education: respond to the changing nature of work by equipping all Australians with skills relevant to 2030
- Industry: ensure Australia’s ongoing prosperity by stimulating high-growth firms and raising productivity
- Government: become a catalyst for innovation and be recognised as a global leader in innovative service delivery
- Research and development (R&D): improve R&D effectiveness by increasing translation and commercialisation of research
- Culture and ambition: enhance the national culture of innovation by launching ambitious National Missions.
Read the government's response to the 2030 plan.
Innovation and Science Australia (ISA) consulted with stakeholders across the Australian innovation, science and research system throughout 2017 and received 130 public submissions. The consultation and submissions helped inform and shape the plan.
Importance of the 2030 Plan
The Chair of Industry Innovation and Science Australia explained the importance of the 2030 Plan for Australia's innovation future and the vision underpinning the plan.