On this page
Participating in the digital economy
Economic and social activities that information and communication technologies deliver form the ‘digital economy’.
Some examples are:
- buying and selling goods
- accessing education
- entertainment using the internet and mobile devices
This space is developing rapidly and it’s changing the way Australians live, work and do business. These changes both challenge Australia’s industries and communities, and provide them with opportunities.
Digital Economy Strategy
Australia’s Tech Future details how Australia can maximise the opportunities of technological change by focusing on 4 key areas:
- developing Australia’s digital skills and leaving no one behind
- how government can better deliver digital services
- building infrastructure and providing secure access to high-quality data
- maintaining our cyber security and reviewing our regulatory systems
The strategy sets clear outcomes, identifies opportunities and areas that need further focus, and outlines government actions.
By working together we can ensure Australians can share the opportunities of a growing, globally competitive modern economy, enabled by technology.
- Read the Minister's media release setting the agenda for Australia's tech future, 19 December 2018.
- Review public consultation and online discussion on the Digital Economy Consultation Paper.
Last updated: 1 March 2021
Content ID: 12496