We are an independent statutory board of entrepreneurs, investors, researchers and educators. We advise the Australian Government on innovation, research and science matters.
Stimulating business investment in innovation
Our report, Stimulating business investment in innovation, outlines strategic recommendations for Australian Government and businesses to encourage greater investment in Australian innovation.
Who we are
Our board members have extensive local and global experience in innovation, science and research.
We are supported by the Office of Industry Innovation and Science Australia.
What we do
Industry Innovation and Science Australia (IISA) will play a key advisory role in implementing the government’s $1.5 billion Modern Manufacturing Strategy. As part of the strategy, IISA will oversee the creation of industry-led roadmaps that will guide future investment, innovation and action.
IISA will also continue to:
- advise on all innovation and science matters
- inform and guide policy on industry, innovation, science and research
- advocate and champion Australia’s innovation, science and research system
Statement of expectations and intent
- Read the Australian Government’s statement of expectations for Innovation and Science Australia [769KB PDF].
- See our response in a Statement of intent [348KB PDF]
If you're having difficult accessing any of our documents, please contact us.
- Read the Australia 2030: Prosperity through innovation national roadmap
- Read the Australian Government's response to the Australia 2030: Prosperity through Innovation report
- Read the review of Australia’s innovation and science system performance
Connect with us
Follow us on social media.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Find us on LinkedIn
- Watch our videos on YouTube
- Visit Industry Innovation and Science Australia news