Critical minerals are essential for many low-emissions technologies, including electric vehicles, solar panels, wind turbines and batteries. They are also crucial components of medical and defence technologies.
The Critical Minerals Strategy 2023–2030 will grow Australia’s critical minerals industry and our ability to process these minerals in Australia. The strategy’s focus areas are:
- developing strategically important projects
- attracting investment and building international partnerships
- First Nations engagement and benefit sharing
- promoting Australia as a world leader in environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards
- unlocking investment in enabling infrastructure and services
- growing a skilled workforce.
Growing our critical minerals and downstream processing sectors will:
- create jobs
- strengthen global supply chains
- help Australia to become a renewable energy superpower
- contribute to global efforts to reach net zero.