Launching the 2019 Offshore Petroleum Acreage Release
Bidding is now open for the 2019 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release. Companies have the opportunity to bid on release areas until 5 March 2020.
The 2019 acreage release comprises 64 areas across 5 sedimentary basins offshore:
- Northern Territory
- Western Australia
- Territory of Ashmore and Cartier Islands
All areas will be available for a single round of work program bidding.
This will be the first release of acreage under a new streamlined system. These improvements will deliver an annual investment cycle that simplifies bidding, offers greater transparency and responds faster to market demand.
Geoscience Australia partnered with us to provide geological information to support this release. Access Geoscience Australia’s data portal.
- The Minister announced the 2019 acreage release on 31 July 2019
- The Minister launched the 2019 acreage release by video at the APPEA Connect event in Perth
- Read more about the acreage release process
- See recent reforms to the offshore petroleum exploration acreage release
Connect with us
Subscribe to the Australian Petroleum News (APN) for updates