Consultative Committee update - July 2019
The next Consultative Committee National Radioactive Waste Management Facility (NRWMF) meetings are scheduled for mid-August. We have advised all members.
Evolving committee roles
After site selection all the consultative committees will be replaced by a single Regional Consultative Committee (RCC).
The RCC will enable communication between the government, the facility operator and the community.
To ease this transition we held workshops in February with the Economic Working Group . This was an opportunity to develop community views on the $8 million Community Skills and Development Program (CSDP), part of the $31 million Community Development Package. The Working Group’s views will inform guidelines for the CSDP.
The next meeting will include:
- consultation on security for a selected site
- discussion about increasing the land size to accommodate a range of facility needs
- experts from AECOM, ANSTO and Forcefield Security on hand to answer specific technical questions
As the project progresses, we will build on information provided at this and previous meetings to plan how to manage the site post-acquisition.
- Notes from previous meetings are available on our Consultative Committee page
- If you would like a copy of presentations given to the committees please contact us.
Connect with us
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 13 28 46