The Australian Government’s Critical Technologies Statement is now available. The statement outlines:
- how we support critical technologies, including actions already underway
- our vision for seizing the opportunities of critical technologies while managing their risks.
Critical technologies can grow our economy, create well-paying jobs and improve our lives. They underpin almost all aspects of Australian industry and society, including:
- advanced manufacturing
- clean energy
- national security.
The government has also updated the List of Critical Technologies in the National Interest. These updates were informed by consulting across academia, industry, government and the public.
The technology fields on the list are:
- advanced manufacturing and materials
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- advanced information and communication
- autonomous systems, robotics, positioning, timing and sensing
- clean energy generation and storage.
Future critical technologies policies will balance the 3 dimensions of our national interest – economic prosperity, national security and social cohesion. The government will monitor new and emerging technologies to ensure all Australians can benefit.
Online information sessions
Attend an online information session to find out more about the statement and list. You’ll also have an opportunity to ask questions about the government’s approach to critical technologies.
- Tuesday 30 May, 2 pm to 3 pm AEST
- Thursday 8 June, 10 am to 11 am AEST