The Australian Government is updating our Critical Minerals List to ensure it reflects current global conditions.
This follows the release of the Critical Minerals Strategy 2023–2030 last month.
The list currently consists of minerals:
- that are essential to modern technologies, economies and national security
- whose supply chains are vulnerable to disruption
- that our strategic partners need
- for which Australia has potential economic geological resources.
As part of the update process, we want to hear your views on:
- the current criteria for including minerals on the list
- when minerals should be added to or removed from the list
- if the list needs to have categories or priorities
- events that should trigger an update to the list.