You must submit the form within 60 days of the earliest of the following events:
- The project concept design begins.
- A project proponent starts an environmental assessment.
- A project proponent enters into a contract with another person to carry out an environmental assessment of the project.
- The raw materials for the project are estimated.
- The utility consumption for the project is estimated.
At any other time you become aware your project may be a major project you must notify the AIP Authority within 14 days via the form.
The notification ensures the AIP Authority is aware of the project and can discuss with you:
- the project timeframe (including the trigger date for the AIP plan)
- AIP plan requirements
- when to submit the draft AIP plan for approval.