This page belongs to: Australian Industry Participation Authority
You must submit the form within 60 days of the earliest of the following events:
- The project concept design begins.
- A project proponent starts an environmental assessment.
- A project proponent enters into a contract with another person to carry out an environmental assessment of the project.
- The raw materials for the project are estimated.
- The utility consumption for the project is estimated.
At any other time you become aware your project may be a major project you must notify the AIP Authority within 14 days via the form.
The notification ensures the AIP Authority is aware of the project and can discuss with you:
- the project timeframe (including the trigger date for the AIP plan)
- AIP plan requirements
- when to submit the draft AIP plan for approval.
After we receive your form
On receipt of the form, the AIP Authority will register the project and confirm the trigger date with you. Information you provide in the notification form is confidential and will not be published.
You must notify the AIP Authority if there is a change in the project proponent or if the project is discontinued, cancelled or postponed.