On this page
Cooperative research centres
Our Cooperative Research Centres (CRC) Program supports Australian industries’ ability to compete and produce. We do this by helping industry partner with the research sector to solve industry-identified issues.
Medium to long-term funding
CRC grants offer co-funding for industry-led research. A CRC must include at least 1 Australian business, and 1 research organisation, to be eligible for funding.
CRC Project grants support up to three years’ worth of industry-led collaborative research. The grants cover up to $3 million in co-funding. Projects must include a minimum of 2 Australian businesses (with at least 1 small and medium-sized enterprise), and 1 research organisation.
CRC Program funding can be used to pay for:
- student placements
- capital items such as equipment
Our Minister is responsible for the CRC Program and decides:
- which collaborations receive funding
- the amount of funding offered
- the conditions applied to the funds
- changes to the level of funding
- when to terminate agreements
CRC Advisory Committee
The CRC Advisory Committee is a sub-committee of Innovation and Science Australia. They provide advice and feedback to our Minister about:
- funding applications
- the performance and progress of grant recipients
- the overall operation of the CRC Program
Want to create a CRC or CRC project but not sure how?
- if you’re a business looking to work with a researcher but you’re not sure where to start, speak with an Innovation Connections facilitator
- if you’re a researcher looking to solve issues currently faced by Australian industry, see the Industry Growth Centres to find out more about what industry needs
- Find out if you are eligible for the CRC Program or apply on business.gov.au
- View the list of current CRCs on business.gov.au
- For advice on planning and managing an international collaboration for success, see our Guide to undertaking international collaboration
- Find out how we encourage businesses to do research and development
- Read about our Entrepreneurs’ Programme
- Read about Industry Growth Centres
Last updated: 8 December 2020
Content ID: 12641