The Australian Beliefs and Attitudes Towards Science Survey 2018
We commissioned the Australian National University to survey Australians’ beliefs and attitudes towards science. The surveys were conducted in 2017 and 2018. This report provides an overview of the results of the 2018 survey.
Key findings in the 2018 results show:
- people think scientists contribute a lot to society
- online news websites, television news and newspapers are the most commonly used sources for science information
If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the documents, please contact us.
Connect with us
Follow us on Twitter @ScienceGovAu
- Read about our science policies and projects.
- We support science engagement programs and activities.
- Australia’s National Science Statement sets a long-term approach to achieving a strong science system.