To support a globally recognised Australian space sector with the capability, capacity and expertise to locally design, develop, manufacture and deploy specialised products, equipment, systems and services for exporting to international markets and to support national and international space missions.
Our growth opportunities
Products that go into space:
- Robotics and automation systems
- Nano and small satellites
- Launch vehicles
- Propellants and fuels
- Communications arrays
- Position, navigation and timing tools
- Solar panels
- Structural components
Associated products and infrastructure:
- Launch facilities
- New technologies and materials
- Optical wireless communication technologies
- Key ground segment subsystems
- 2 years: Increased onshore manufacturing of space products that are ‘flight qualified’ (TRL 8) through system testing and demonstration.
- 5 years: Greater local manufacturing capability of critical and specialist space products with increased demand for qualification facilities and demonstration flights.
- 10 years: Greater end-to-end local manufacturer expertise including designing, testing and launching products from Australia such as small satellites to low and medium earth orbits.
Unlocking our opportunities: the first 2 years
Focus: Lifting space manufacturing capability, boosting collaboration and identifying new opportunities to support new jobs, attract investment, grow local businesses and build the skills pipeline.
- Capturing the small satellite opportunity
- Attracting 'spin-in' from adjacent sectors
- Meeting strategic and defence needs
- Leveraging our world-class R&D
- Harnessing our robotics and automation expertise
- Connecting to the global space economy.