Senate inquiry into non-conforming building products
Non-conforming building products are products or materials that:
- claim to be something they are not
- do not meet required standards for their intended use
- are marketed and supplied with the intent to deceive those who use them
The Senate Inquiry into non-conforming building products examined the impact of non-conforming building products and possible improvements to regulatory frameworks.
The government response to the Senate Economics References Committee’s final report was tabled on 23 April 2020.
- The Committee prepared an interim report on aluminium composite cladding
- Read the government response to the Committee’s interim report on asbestos
- Find out about non-conforming building products on the Australian Building Codes Board website
- See how we are working to restore confidence in the building industry