Australia will become a global centre for commercialising and manufacturing cutting-edge technology products and services for the global resources sector that benefit a range of other industries.
Australia will have a strategic critical minerals processing industry that captures significant additional value, strengthens our global position downstream from our resource endowments and underpins a range of advanced manufacturing opportunities.
Our growth opportunities in Resources Technology
- Develop technologies to drive operational efficiencies
- Develop products that support sustainability and productivity
- Develop technologies to recover value from waste
- Deploy cross-cutting manufacturing technologies
Our growth opportunities in Critical Minerals Processing
- Capture additional value from our critical raw materials
- Build advantage through commercialisation and innovation
- Leverage our world-class environmental, social and governance credentials
- 2 years: Improved capability to bring products quickly to market, through improved market development activities and investment made in critical enablers.
- 5 years: Foster increased collaboration with relevant sectors and international supply chains, increase exports and grow private sector investment.
- 10 years: Australia seen as a regional hub for resources technology and critical minerals processing, with significant R&D advancements, retention in intellectual capital for SMEs and significant volume and value of exports.
Unlocking our opportunities—the first 2 years
Focus: Significantly improve resources technology and critical mineral processing manufacturing capability by increasing commercialisation, utilising critical enablers and engaging in new market opportunities.
- Build on Australia's strong track record in resources tech and processing innovation
- Invest in critical enablers
- Closer collaboration between tech firms and end users
- Establish operations near processing facilities
- Match capability to global market needs
- Create new investments with key trading partners