To support a globally recognised Australian medical products industry with the capability, capacity and expertise to locally manufacture advanced and high-value medical products using sophisticated processes.
Our growth opportunities
- Smart monitoring devices
- Personalised implants
High value-add medicines:
- Sophisticated pharmaceuticals
- Complementary medicines
- Regenerative medicines
- mRNA vaccines
Digitally integrated products and platforms:
- Digitise existing medical products
- Emerging data-driven products
- Advanced manufacturing technologies
- Rapid diagnostics
- 2 years: We are unlocking commercialisation opportunities through co-investments in translation, integration and collaboration.
- 5 years: Greater local manufacturing capability and increased international demand for Australian-made critical and sophisticated medical products.
- 10 years: Australia has an international reputation for world-class medical products manufactured in medical precincts with significant levels of end-to-end collaboration.
Unlocking our opportunities: the first 2 years
Focus: Drive scale and competitiveness in medical product manufacturing through increasing commercialisation, translation of local research, supply chain integration and end-to-end collaboration.
- Translate Australian research:
- Finalise commercialisation in Australia
- Establish first run production and prototyping
- Integration into supply chains:
- Launch new manufacturing operations
- Integrate into local and international supply chains
- Drive a collaborative ecosystem:
- Establish medical manufacturing precincts
- Form digital pathways for collaboration