Australian Automotive Industry Report
The closure of Australia’s 3 remaining motor vehicle producers, Ford, Toyota and Holden, in 2016 and 2017 were significant events. The Australian, Victorian and South Australian governments provided transitional support to the industry.
This report presents an analysis of the outcomes for the automotive supply chain and lessons for future policy directions.
- Early results of the Government programs to support transition and diversify supply chain businesses are encouraging.
- Of those businesses that participated in the Automotive Transition Scheme, about 75% remain in business, albeit with reduced workforces.
- The Minister released the Australian Automotive Industry report on 17 January 2020
- Read the outcomes and best practice report on the Transition of the Australian Car Manufacturing Sector
- See how we are transitioning Australia’s automotive manufacturing industry