This page belongs to: Australian Radioactive Waste Agency
The Kimba community neighbours the acquired site for the National Radioactive Waste Management Facility.
We may sponsor an activity that:
- supports our community engagement activities
- provides a tangible benefit to the community.
Through sponsorship, we aim to engage with the community to:
- build stronger relationships
- promote and increase understanding of our role
- strengthen our social licence
- support social cohesion.
Up to $2,000 is available for successful applicants.
We consider applications for community sponsorship opportunities 4 times each year.
Quarter 1 2022 applications:
- open 17 February
- close 17 March
- response provided 4 April.
Quarter 3 2022 applications:
- open 20 July
- close 20 August
- response provided 19 September.
Quarter 2 2022 applications:
- open 1 April
- close 30 May
- response provided 20 June.
Quarter 4 2022 applications:
- open 3 October
- close 4 November
- response provided 6 December.
We welcome applications from a range of not-for-profit community groups based in the Kimba region. These organisations must:
- directly benefit local community members through their services and programs
- support ARWA's operations and activities.
Eligible groups that may apply include local:
- Indigenous groups
- sporting organisations
- youth organisations
We will not sponsor:
- commercial businesses
- staff salaries or consultant fees
- past activities
- political, religious or spiritual organisations seeking to promote their beliefs
- organisations receiving ongoing ARWA funding
- groups engaging in behaviour counter to the APS Values.
We have limited sponsorship funding available.
We will assess sponsorship applications against 7 criteria:
- message and strategy
- value for money
How to apply
Fill out the Australian Radioactive Waste Agency sponsorship application form.
Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application round due date.
The application must come from an organisation or individual with an ABN.
We will only accept one application from each group in a sponsorship round.
Successful applicants will need to provide an evaluation report within one month of the sponsorship or sponsored activity. This needs to demonstrate:
- how the sponsorship delivered on its objectives
- audience numbers or people reached
- how ARWA benefited (including photos of branding, merchandise and interactions)
- recommendations or learnings for future sponsorship opportunities.