This page belongs to: Australian Radioactive Waste Agency
The Kimba community neighbours the National Radioactive Waste Management Facility.
We welcome opportunities to sponsor community activities in Kimba that provide a tangible benefit to the community.
We may sponsor an activity that:
- supports our community engagement activities
- provides a tangible benefit to the community.
Through sponsorship, we aim to engage with the community to:
- build stronger relationships
- promote and increase understanding of our role
- strengthen our social licence
- support social cohesion.
Up to $2,000 is available for successful applicants.
2023 sponsorship opportunities
Sponsorship applications for 2023 are now open. Organisations can apply at any time throughout the year. Eligible organisations can receive up to 4 sponsorships per calendar year.
We welcome applications from a range of not-for-profit community groups based in the Kimba region. These organisations must:
- directly benefit local community members through their services and programs
- be able to provide public recognition of their ARWA sponsorship.
Eligible groups that may apply include local:
- Indigenous groups
- sporting organisations
- youth organisations
We will not sponsor:
- commercial businesses
- staff salaries or consultant fees
- past activities
- political, religious or spiritual organisations seeking to promote their beliefs
- organisations receiving ongoing ARWA funding
- groups engaging in behaviour counter to the APS Values.
We have limited sponsorship funding available.
We will assess sponsorship applications against 7 criteria:
- message and strategy
- value for money
How to apply
Fill out the Australian Radioactive Waste Agency sponsorship application form.
Send your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application must come from an organisation or individual with an ABN.
Successful applicants will need to provide an evaluation report within one month of the sponsorship or sponsored activity. This needs to demonstrate:
- how the sponsorship delivered on its objectives
- audience numbers or people reached
- how ARWA benefited (including photos of branding, merchandise and interactions)
- recommendations or learnings for future sponsorship opportunities.