On this page
National Manufacturing Priorities Roadmap Taskforces
Our department is facilitating a co-design process to develop roadmaps against each of the National Manufacturing Priorities. We are doing this through 6 taskforces.
Each taskforce includes 4 industry representatives appointed by the Minister for their expertise and experience in the priority area. This includes their ability to leverage broad professional networks to introduce a range of perspectives in developing the roadmaps from across the priority sector. They will not be representing their businesses in this capacity.
The taskforce membership appointments also considered:
- diversity and balanced representation (gender and regions)
- commitment and availability to engage throughout the roadmap process
- previous experience engaging in equivalent processes
A senior representative from CSIRO provides technical advice to each taskforce.
Resources Technology and Critical Minerals Processing Taskforce
- Tania Constable PSM CEO, Minerals Council of Australia
- Amanda Lacaze CEO & Managing Director, Lynas Corporation Ltd.
- Andrew McConville CEO, Australian Petroleum Production& Exploration Association
- Sam Riggall CEO & Managing Director, Clean TeQ
- Dr Robert Hough Deputy Director & Science Director for Mineral Resources, CSIRO
Food and Beverage Taskforce
- Kathy Karabatsas Managing Director, Lion Dairy & Drinks
- Tanya Barden CEO, Australian Food & Grocery Council
- Andrew Leakey General Manager, Mars Wrigley
- Darren Thomas CEO, Thomas Foods International
- Dr Leif Lundin Food Program Research Director, CSIRO
Medical Products Taskforce
- Dig Howitt CEO & President, Cochlear
- Dennis Bastas Executive Chairman & CEO, Arrotex Australia Group of Companies
- Dr Lesley Braun Group Director, Blackmore’s Institute
- Charmaine England Managing Director Pacific, Johnson & Johnson
- Dr Paul Savage Manufacturing Business Unit, CSIRO
Recycling and Clean Energy Taskforce
- Jane Hunter CEO, Tritium Pty Ltd.
- Ty Hermans Managing Director, Evolve Group
- Richard Macchiesi General Manager Insights & Innovation, VISY Industries
- Craig Wood CEO, Vast Solar Pty Ltd.
- Dr Dietmar Tourbier Deputy Director/Science Director, CSIRO Energy
- Dr Heinz Schandl Research Group Leader Urban and Industrial Transformations, CSIRO
- Mark Foster CEO, CEA Technologies
- Ben Norris CEO, Daronmont Technologies
- Michael Ward Managing Director, Raytheon Australia
- Dr Brendan Nelson President, Boeing Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific
- Dr Marcus Zipper Director, Manufacturing Business Unit, CSIRO
- Adam Gilmour CEO, Gilmour Space Technologies
- Flavia Tata Nardini CEO, Fleet Space Technologies
- Rod Drury Managing Director, Australia and New Zealand, Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company International
- Dr Ben Greene CEO, Electro Optic Systems
- Dr Douglas Bock Director Astronomy and Space Science, CSIRO
Modern Manufacturing Strategy updates
Last updated: 21 December 2020
Content ID: 68237