Complaints and feedback
All members of the public have the right to provide feedback or make legitimate complaints. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve our programs and services.
We treat all complaints and feedback seriously and handle them quickly. Our Customer Service Charter outlines our commitment to you.
How we respond to complaints
When we receive your complaint we:
- acknowledge we’ve received your complaint within 5 business days
- forward it to the relevant area who will respond and keep you informed
- resolve issues within 20 business days where possible
At the end of the process, you will receive the decision in writing.
If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you can:
- contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman
You can make a complaint if you:
- are unhappy about the way we have procured goods and/or services
- believe our department has breached Commonwealth Procurement Rules under the Government Procurement (Judicial Review) Act 2018
Find out how to make a procurement complaint.
If you have questions about procurement complaints, please email Procurement.Complaints [at] industry.gov.au.
Compensation for detriment caused by defective administration
If you believe you have experienced detriment as a result of an agency’s defective actions or inaction, you may seek compensation under the Scheme for Compensation for Detriment caused by Defective Administration (the CDDA Scheme). The CDDA allows government agencies to compensate persons who have experienced detriment. Payments under the Scheme are discretionary. This means there is no automatic entitlement to a payment.
If you have and questions about the CDDA Scheme, please email us at feedbackandcomplaints [at] industry.gov.au.
Read more about the CDDA Scheme on the Department of Finance website.
How to submit a general complaint
Please clearly explain the issue and what you think can be done to fix it.
Send your complaint with copies of any relevant documents via any of these channels:
- Use the online Complaint form
- Download the Complaint form [230KB DOCX] and email it with any attachments to feedbackandcomplaints [at] industry.gov.au
- Post it ATTN to: Complaints, CN Support Centre, Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, GPO Box 2013, Canberra ACT 2601
Last updated: 12 November 2020
Content ID: 12866