Dr Scott Farrell
Industry Innovation and Science Australia board member
State: New South Wales
Current position: Partner at King & Wood Mallesons
- extensive career in legal, regulatory and technological systems and infrastructures relating to data, markets, payments and finance
- experienced in design, implementation, competition and policy issues relating to fintech, particularly data portability, open banking, smart contracts, blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
- led the open banking review and the inquiry into the future of the consumer data right for the Australian Treasury
- co-chair of the Australian Government’s FinTech Advisory Group.
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Sydney.