Dr Cathy Foley AO PSM FAA FTSE
Chief Scientist | Industry Innovation and Science Australia board deputy chair
- extensive career with the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), appointed as CSIRO’s Chief Scientist in July 2018
- expertise in scientific research, quantum physics, sensors, devices and systems, research translation, leadership, advisory and advocating the role of women in STEM
- led the development of a Quantum Technology Roadmap for Australia in 2020
- highly recognised in her field receiving multiple awards such as:
- the AUSIMM MIOTA prize (2011), Premier's Award for Woman of the Year (2013)
- Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, Clunies-Ross Award (2015)
- the Australian Institute of Physics Medal for Outstanding Service to Physics (2016)
- IEEE award for Continuing and Significant Contributions in the field of Applied Superconductivity (2014)
- the Agenda Setter of the Year in Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards (2019).
- Diploma of Education, Macquarie University
- Bachelor of Science (Hons 1), Macquarie University
- PhD in Physics, Macquarie University.