On this page
Animal effluent management method
This Methodology Determination (method) provides the rules for crediting emissions reductions from the management of manure at piggery and dairy businesses as part of the Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF). Reductions achieved through destroying or avoiding methane emissions from managing effluent can receive credits under the ERF.
Using the method
To use this method in your project and take part in the ERF, you need to apply to the Clean Energy Regulator. The Regulator manages project registration, compliance and crediting emissions reductions for projects under the ERF.
Methods replaced by this method
This method replaced three other methods. You can’t register a new project using these methods but existing projects can opt to stay on them or move to the updated method:
- The Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) (Destruction of Methane Generated from Dairy Manure in Covered Anaerobic Ponds) Methodology Determination 2012
- The Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) (Destruction of Methane Generated from Manure in Piggeries-1.1) Methodology Determination 2013
- The Carbon Credits (Carbon Farming Initiative) (Destruction of Methane from Piggeries using Engineered Biodigesters) Methodology Determination 2013
Consultation on the method
The Emissions Reduction Assurance Committee conducts method reviews.
Public consultation, method drafts, and the Committee’s advice to the Minister is on our department’s Consultation hub.
- See more methodology determinations
- The Emissions Reduction Fund incentivises Australian businesses to cut the amount of greenhouse gases they create and to undertake activities that store carbon.
Connect with us
Email emissions-reduction [at] industry.gov.au
Last updated: 8 December 2020
Content ID: 67240