Building Ministers' Forum
The Building Ministers' Forum (BMF) oversees policy and regulatory issues affecting Australia’s building and construction industries.
The BMF’s work covers:
- harmonisation of building regulations and standards
- collaboration on compliance and enforcement
- other policy issues affecting Australia’s building and construction industries
The BMF is made up of Australian Government and state and territory government ministers with responsibility for building and construction.
Details of membership, roles and responsibilities are in the Building Ministers Forum Charter.
A Building Ministers' Communique is released after each BMF meeting.
Building Ministers' Forum sub-groups
The Building Ministers’ Forum sub-groups support the priorities and directions of the BMF.
Improving the effectiveness of compliance and enforcement
The BMF requested an expert assessment of the effectiveness of compliance and enforcement systems for the building and construction industry.
An implementation plan addresses this report’s recommendations and outlines a roadmap for reform.
Review of Security Payment Laws
The government commissioned the national Review of Security of Payment Laws to examine ways to:
- improve consistency in security of payment legislation
- enhance protections to ensure subcontractors get paid on time for work they have done
The BMF will respond to the findings and recommendations of the Review.
- Email BMF.Secretariat@industry.gov.au
- Post: BMF Secretariat, GPO Box 2013, CANBERRA ACT 2601
Last updated: 13 March 2019
Content ID: 43526