Up to $25.4 million has been awarded to 18 projects to improve the quality, quantity and diversity of Australia’s cyber security workforce.
The successful projects will grow the workforce and address barriers to entry. The projects will boost the participation of:
- First Nations Australians
- people in regional and remote areas
- people with neurodiverse backgrounds.
The projects will do this by providing:
- scholarships and discounts
- paid internships and placements
- targeted outreach and mentoring programs
- flexible learning options.
This is the second round of the $70 million Cyber Security Skills Partnership Innovation Fund. After funding 8 successful grantees in round 1, the program’s guidelines were revised for round 2. The revised guidelines prioritise increasing the diversity of the cyber security workforce.