The program is part of the Timor-Leste Australia LNG Partnership jointly run with the Timor-Leste National Petroleum and Minerals Authority (ANPM).
Our 6 fellows presented research projects on:
- assessing corporate social responsibility for the Bayu-Undan gasfields
- renewable energy options for a potential Timor-Leste LNG plant
- seismic hazard analysis for a potential Timor-Leste LNG plant
- local content opportunities from prospective resources projects in Timor-Leste
- impacts of a robust health and safety regulatory framework for Timor-Leste’s offshore oil and gas industry
- a survey of decarbonization technologies in future Timor-Leste LNG projects.
The projects helped to:
- facilitate knowledge sharing
- strengthen the bilateral trade link between Timor-Leste and Australia.
Fellows worked with Australian industry mentors in their area of expertise to progress their research. They will use their findings to further their career goals and inform work they undertake in the industry.
Our department appreciates the support of Australian industry leaders who mentored the fellows.