Each year the Australian Government honours Australia’s scientists, innovators and science teachers through the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science.
Nominations are now open till 9 March 2021.
Help us find the next recipients of the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science!
You can help by raising awareness of the Prizes among your community, and encouraging nominations of:
- Leading Australian scientists who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge through science. For the $250,000 Prime Minister’s Prize for Science.
- Innovators from industry and the research sector who have translated scientific knowledge into substantial commercial impact. For the $250,000 Prime Minister’s Prize for Innovation.
- Early to mid-career scientists whose research is already making, or has potential to make, an impact on our lives. For the $50,000 Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year and the $50,000 Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year.
- Promising early to mid-career innovators from industry and the research sector whose work has the potential to enhance our economy through the translation of scientific knowledge into substantial commercial impact. For the $50,000 Prize for New Innovators.
- Inspiring science, mathematics and technology teachers who are dedicated to innovative teaching and inspiring the next generation. For the $50,000 Prime Minister’s Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching (Primary and Secondary).
We want nominations to reflect the diversity of the communities that the Prizes celebrate. We encourage people to consider nominating someone from a group traditionally underrepresented in science. Such as women, Indigenous Australians, or someone from a regional or remote area.
Connect with us
Get the latest news about the 2021 Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science on Twitter @ScienceGovAu. Or follow the conversation with #pmprizes.
The Minister launched the search for Australia's unsung heroes of science on 2 February 2021
Read more about the Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science