Petrofac Facilities Management Limited has been engaged as the lead contractor to deliver Phase 1 of the Northern Endeavour decommissioning.
We conducted a global, competitive, multi-stage tender for this phase of decommissioning work. In accordance with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, we have selected the supplier that offered the best value for money.
This $324.89m decommissioning contract will deliver Phase 1 while:
- adhering to industry and Australian standards
- staying consistent with good oilfield practice
- working with industry and regulators to complete decommissioning and disconnection activities as safely, efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
This is the next step in the government’s commitment to keep the Northern Endeavour and its workers safe whilst also protecting the environment.
Petrofac Facilities Management Limited will begin a managed transition of operational control from the existing operator, Upstream Production Solutions.
- The Minister announced the engagement of Petrofac Facilities Management Limited as the Phase 1 Decommissioning Lead Contractor on 1 April 2022
- The Minister announced the call for EOI for Phase 1 of decommissioning the Northern Endeavour on 1 July 2021
- The Minister announced that the Northern Endeavour will be decommissioned on 14 December 2020
- Read about decommissioning the Northern Endeavour
- Read about how we regulate offshore oil and gas in Australian Commonwealth Waters